Lake Glendale

Description of your first forum.
+!m32ride

Lake Glendale

Post by +!m32ride » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:51 pm

Good morning all,

Anyone planning to ride Glendale in the next few days?

I'm likely riding there sometime in the next few days since the weather is going to cooperate and was wondering if anyone would be interested in joining (who actually knows the trails cuz I took the wrong route last time and ended up at a "private property " sign.) :roll:

Bob

moe

Re: Lake Glendale

Post by moe » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:08 pm

Hey man, just saw this. Not sure if you use facebook or not, but look us up on there too. It gets more visibility than this forum. The forum here had been down for months and some who checked it often kindof switched to other methods of contact. I doubt anyone will be riding glendale/dixon springs this weekend as it is shotgun deer season and we generally stay out of the woods for the 2 main weekends of that. One being this weekend and one being the weekend after thanksgiving.

+!m32ride

Post by +!m32ride » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:39 pm

Thanks for the update (about fb and glendale).

I don't do social media (fb, twitshit, instacrap) :| and was planning on riding during the week not weekends
(cuz I know all about some folks need to go shoot something, I used to do it but that was a long time ago).

There has to be somewhere to ride where I won't have to worry about getting mistaken for a deer but not sure where that may be.

moe

Post by moe » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:51 pm

Ahh. Yea, most group rides happen on the weekends. There is however a wed night ride often at dixon springs from shelter #2.

As far as not getting shot during gun season.... The way I see it is this : there are 2 weekends of the year where hunters are very plentiful in the woods. Many of those hunters are not from around here at all and don't hunt or shoot anything except deer on those two weekends. So, many inexperienced hunters and some experienced hunters are in the woods. Many of them don't really look for property lines or anything like that. So, even though you may be in a section of woods that you think is "no hunting", there may be hunters there. And those would likely be the inexperienced ones who may shoot at something they thought moved behind the brush. It is a two fold thing for me. #1. let them have their 2 weekends to deer hunt. There are 50 other weeks to ride in the woods. Ride some gravel, or on the road, or take the wife to a winery. #2. I don't want to increase my chances of getting shot.

slbeatty

Post by slbeatty » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:28 pm

I rode Glendale yesterday afternoon, did I see you around Red Dog toward sunset?! - Steven

moe

Post by moe » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:31 pm

Wasn't me.